Terms & Conditions for Drain Ratz Plumbing & Builders
Timeframe in which to settle Invoices:
- Clients have 10 days to Settle Invoices to the Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders. Within these 10 days any leaks on geysers must be reported immediately. Any other damages arising from leaks that are not reported will immediately become the responsibility of the client.
1.1 Should a client sign off a job card as “happy” Drain Ratz Plumbing will then be of the understanding that the workmanship was done according to client specifications and satisfaction.
2. No jobs “out of warranty (guarantee)” will be serviced free of charge by Drain Ratz Plumbers and Builders. The warranty period is there to ensure complete job satisfaction.
2.1. Workmanship (3 Months) on repair work. (6 Months) on new installations. Please remember tension in pipes can affect even the best of repairs on leaks in wall and repair to old soldering.
2.2 The guarantee commences upon installation due date of plumbing or building repairs.
3. Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders does not carry manufacturer warranties for material. All materials used as per manufacturers guarantee. Should there be a concern with materials, Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders can intervene on behalf of the client to the manufacturers. It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to replace or repair the materials purchased.
3. Drains: We service a blocked drain once within a period of 2 weeks. Should the drain get blocked again, other avenue of repairs must be investigated.
3.1 Drain Ratz Plumbers and Builders is also not responsible for drains that cannot get unblocked due to poor plumbing like, no i.e’s, no access bends etc. The client will be charged for the full payment for the services rendered.
4. Septic tanks – 1 year on the new installation. Repairs to build septic tanks have no guarantee as we cannot guarantee that seepage will not occur again if utilised immediately after repair. Once the build septic tank has been repaired, it is wise to utilise after a week or 2 to allow for the curing process. Drain Ratz Plumbers and Builders can come out to do a seepage test.
4.1. Unblocking of septic tanks that are connected to french drains may get blocked again if the french drain is not working properly. Drain Ratz Plumbing is not liable for french drains that are full. A new french drain must be installed. Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders can supply client with a quote for a replacement or an alternative sewerage solution.
7. All clients will pay billed the full call out fee if a booking has been confirmed and the Plumber or Builder arrives at the premises. All bookings must be cancelled an hour before the time.
Terms & Conditions (Work Related Policy)
Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders is not responsible for:
Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders are not obliged to do patchwork after a plumbing installation and neither does it form part of the job order unless otherwise specified.
Patchwork must be arranged by the office and the appropriate professionals will be dispatched. Alternatively, the patchwork can be done by the client.
1. Any patching, repairs, installation or removal of non-plumbing and non building items or activities including but not limited to:ceilings, fences, ceilings, electrical wiring & fixtures, paintings, tile floors & walls, plastering & all other wall coverings, carpentry, mill work, glass, concrete, paving asphalt, driveways, patios, ponds, slabs, sidewalks, walls, decoration, cabinets, stonework, extension walls, steel & other framework, floor, carpeting, floor surfaces & preparations, flashing, roofing, sheet metal or plastic gutters, down pipes or bricks.
2. Damaged caused to the customer’s property as a result of gaining access to & exposing plumbing & drainage systems or building fixtures.
3. Damage caused to customer’s plumbing/building fixtures by sewer & drain cleaning equipment due to pre-existing defects in plumbing system.
Payment criteria Policy:
1. Additional plumbing or building work beyond that specifically mentioned on the invoice including, but not limited to that which may be required because of pre-existing plumbing regulations or additional work revealed to be necessary as a result of performing the specific work, shall be an extra charge. This is payable immediately upon invoicing.
2. Customer accepts full responsibility for the prompt settlement of the invoice. In the event that a tenant is acting on behalf of the homeowner and the invoice does not get settled, the tenant will be held liable for the payment.
3. All plumbing and building material remains the property of Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders until paid in full. Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders will remove any plumbing/building fixtures and the client will not be liable for a refund for any moneys already paid. The contractual price agreed upon whether verbally or by written quote is binding.
4. The customer authorizes Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders to do credit checks before commencing any work should Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders deem necessary.
5. The invoice shall not be altered or modified unless by mutual consent of both parties in writing.
6. All queries regarding the settlement of an invoice must be reported to to Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders within 48hrs (2 days). Failing to do this , will result in the invoice amount to be fully payable.
In the event that the account is not settled & Drain Ratz Plumbers & Builders has to commence with legal action, the customer will be liable for attorney & own client legal costs.
Note: No work will commence without a 70% deposit.
The customer chooses the above mentioned address as Domicilium Citandi E’t Executandi.